Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????

Go down 
+2
CHEERS
smiffys_chop_shop
6 posters
AuthorMessage
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Empty
PostSubject: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06 2009, 12:39

Anybody going to the show that is usually the doncaster show but this year soooo conveniantly at peterborough showground end of the month??? oh and what about the meet at the diner this weekend? i think its this weekend scratch
Back to top Go down
CHEERS

CHEERS

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06 2009, 14:23

Yeah, I've seen the signs on the way home from work...

looked on the website and found it was only one page, which was a picture of the flyer.......& at the bottom is says "for more info visit www.customcarshow.co.uk" which was the webpage i was looking at confused Rolling Eyes
it'd be rude not to go, seeing as it's so close.

Tim,
it is the Diner meet this Sun isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2009, 16:44

yes diner meet this sunday, damn i meant to publicise it more by now! Mad

wont be here for the one after if there is one as the weather will most lilkely be shite with lots of salt on the roads...
Back to top Go down
http://www.RoadHouseretro.com
UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2009, 16:09

Hi Luke / Tim,

I will be going to Custom Show at P boro. Managed to get myself booked in to exhibit along with Simon (had the Buick roadster at the September meet).

So probably see you there if youre going.

Cheers.

Russ. 07762 - 747643.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2009, 16:59

i havent booked in but will go along in the Buick, surely it's not going to be so busy that they wont let some extras in on the day... if so i'll be in the car park
Back to top Go down
sam@bugeyeddesigns

sam@bugeyeddesigns

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21 2009, 11:19

We went to this last year when it was in donny.
Fairly small show but worth the journey
Back to top Go down
http://www.bugeyeddesigns.co.uk
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21 2009, 12:05

Dude the buicks on the road now!? doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? 420659 whats it driving like?
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21 2009, 12:41

smiffys_chop_shop wrote:
Dude the buicks on the road now!? doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? 420659 whats it driving like?

i meant the little buick skylark... i have however MOT'd the big Buick, it drives smooth! just failed on a couple of small parts which i'm waiting for...
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2009, 09:22

Well the trucks in the building cleaned and polished! lost a windscreen wiper on the way but lets not get into that! The show looks like it'll be good, would look better with a patina'd buick riviera and a pontiac wagon in there!
Russ, sorry i ddn't get over to talk to ya when i'd finished on the truck i couldnt see ya! Did u see my mate steves silver flake ford pop!? that things awesome its running a supercharged ford lump and running 500bhp calmed down!!! rock
See y'all sunday!
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2009, 14:46

smiffys_chop_shop wrote:
Well the trucks in the building cleaned and polished! lost a windscreen wiper on the way but lets not get into that! The show looks like it'll be good, would look better with a patina'd buick riviera and a pontiac wagon in there!
Russ, sorry i ddn't get over to talk to ya when i'd finished on the truck i couldnt see ya! Did u see my mate steves silver flake ford pop!? that things awesome its running a supercharged ford lump and running 500bhp calmed down!!! rock
See y'all sunday!

Dude is it worth us going in yanks or are we just going to get stuck in a day vistor carpark?
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25 2009, 10:12

Well we went... thought it was a bit wierd we were told at the gate there was no room in the show and shine so we had to park in the car park but when when we got there, there was loads of space and they could have done with more cars to be honest... moving on to inside, it was well set out and the quality of the cars was pretty good, i have though now come to the conclusion i hate billet!!! especially billet steering columns Mad also what the fuck was going on with the music... modern pop crap at a custom car show? really wouldn't have taken much effort to get a couple of decent bands or atleast a decent DJ playing some decent fitting music.... ruined the atmosphere for me.

anyway it was a nice morning out, just glad we didn't travel far to get there!
Back to top Go down
CHEERS

CHEERS

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25 2009, 12:30

I went over in the afternoon.

Your truck looks damn nice in the flesh Smiffy I must say clap
some top quality work on display in the halll. i agree they could have fitted more in & out the back too tho.

oh, & one of the nicest bacon sarnies but one of the worst ever pints of lager .
Back to top Go down
CHEERS

CHEERS

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25 2009, 12:33

Back to top Go down
lance

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2009, 09:08

that looked like a sweet show, i should of gone but ive only got a crappy mk1 golf at the moment and i had to run it for a test. looked like there was some cool motors.
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2009, 11:46

Cheers ian! we were really happy with how it looked under the lights when we'd polished it a bit. Didn't expect to win any awards, I think you have to spend in excess of 40k for some of 'em to take notice which is kinda shyte! (the car that got the top prize was a billet laden 'street rod' that arrived on a trailer, was polished and then reloaded onto a trailer) me and the ol' man are just a couple welders from peterborough who built it in a single garage, ok the paint got finished by a professional after we encountered a couple problems but we tried! I wonder how the awards would go if they took into account the amount of work undertaken by the owner as opposed to the size of their wallet doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_scratch
But, yeah there were some really nice cars in there to suit various tastes although it'd be nice to see more traditional stuff in there but thats me, oh and there weren't any kustoms in there booooo!! doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? 62336 I agree with tim with regards to the outside there was tons of room for more cars (sorry i missed you tim, i saw duncs later on but i think he missed you too??).
AND finally, ye the music sucked!! I think i only heard 'chuck berry' and 'bucker t' that were fitting? and of interest to moi, more rockabilly!! doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? 539768
But its good to have a show on the door step!
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2009, 14:52

They should have an 'owner built' and a 'i threw loads of money and didnt do any of the work myself plus i wont even drive it on the road cos it scares me and i might scratch it' catagory Laughing
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2009, 13:07

i heard today that one of the cars (though i'm not exactly sure which one) has 100k in it! if thats true..........jesus! sick I'd have been able to build me my dream truck, kustom and rod easy for that!
Back to top Go down
UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2009, 05:07

Hi Luke,

Glad i caught up with you on the sunday.

I put my pics up on Rods N sods (took me bloody ages) so i am going to post a link, if it doesnt work or you cant see them let me know and i will see if i can post them on here somehow.

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5867

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5806

No I have to agree with Tim there was no reason a car that was fitting for the venue couldnt have been allowed in as there was loads of parking just outside the hall. Bad organisation me thinks.

Maybe it will be better organised next year, always assuming it will be at Peterborough next year.

If you were allowed to take one car home from the show but had to keep it i would now have a little gold model A, i loved that car it ticked all the boxes for me, plus with a roof and windows theres a fair chance my wife might go out with me occasionaly Laughing

Cheers.

Russ.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2009, 06:26

It'd have to be the satin brown coupe with the lourved roof panel for me, perfect in every way and so nicely finished. not sure what the narrow grille is off but it looks almost factory the way they have made it fit so well with the custom made bonnet etc...
Back to top Go down
sam@bugeyeddesigns

sam@bugeyeddesigns

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2009, 07:03

Tim wrote:
It'd have to be the satin brown coupe with the lourved roof panel for me, perfect in every way and so nicely finished. not sure what the narrow grille is off but it looks almost factory the way they have made it fit so well with the custom made bonnet etc...

That thing flew past me on the A1 the friday before the show.
It sounded as good as it looks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bugeyeddesigns.co.uk
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02 2009, 12:39

Hey russ, i'm having trouble viewing your pictures mate. Is it your pictures or my computer???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????   doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

doncaster show.....but at p'boro showground????
Page 1 of 1