Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim
Admin
Tim

Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Empty
PostSubject: Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.   Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11 2011, 13:23

The best car show i've ever been to bar none! amazing cars, great atmosphere, fantastic weather... need i say more?

Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. 197541_194307677271011_135426079825838_427561_3982717_n

Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. 208644_194345113933934_135426079825838_427820_7858966_n

Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. 205749_195626227139156_135426079825838_434889_3584692_n

Another 197 right here and more being uploaded... https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=194298413938604&set=a.194298397271939.37198.135426079825838&theater
Back to top Go down
http://www.RoadHouseretro.com
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.   Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12 2011, 14:53

say no more dude, I felt the same way at Viva......its a special feeling Laughing
I didn't realise you was going (me dad wondered where you was on sunday at the diner) but looks awesome, awesome pics too! Got much else planned?
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.   Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12 2011, 20:42

smiffys_chop_shop wrote:
say no more dude, I felt the same way at Viva......its a special feeling Laughing
I didn't realise you was going (me dad wondered where you was on sunday at the diner) but looks awesome, awesome pics too! Got much else planned?

Were you with your Dad in the truck on Sunday, we were a couple of miles south of Stamford heading home from the Airport and we saw him driving the other way, looked like there was three people in the cab?

Not too many plans for the near future, we are seriously skint after that holiday and Michelle's maternity pay has dropped to minimum(less than expected thanks to the government cut backs anker ) will be doing the usual shows though.

We also had a bit of a accident on the A1 on the way home, i'll post more about that in another thread.
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.   Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20 2011, 14:02

Nah I wasn't with them that was my sister who was visiting from new zealand...........hope I don't look like her.............in a nice way! Laughing
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.   Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20 2011, 14:13

sorry meant to say hope you're all ok after the accident on the way home!
And I know what you mean I'm getting a bit too familiar with the whole skint thing but even worse than that....I'm gonna miss the Billing Fun Run AGAIN!!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.   Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2011, 01:01

smiffys_chop_shop wrote:
sorry meant to say hope you're all ok after the accident on the way home!
And I know what you mean I'm getting a bit too familiar with the whole skint thing but even worse than that....I'm gonna miss the Billing Fun Run AGAIN!!! Crying or Very sad

Yeah all ok thanks, Michelle's Whiplash is fairly minor.

skint sucks, going to have to work even harder than normal to have any spare cash at all over the next few months!

I'm not going to the fun run this year, Skeg Vegas is going all weekend for the first time this year and i've decided to trade there. we camped ar Billing last year and to be honest we weren't impressed, the atmosphere sucked, i don't know what it is about the UK 'hot rod' scene but the only one that seem to have it nailed is the Hayride and whos knows what that will be like this year with the Executioners out, hopefully just as good...
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.   Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29 2011, 11:30

Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.   Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Icon_minitimeSun May 15 2011, 05:57

Yeah awesome pics mate. I know what you mean about the uk rodding scene, I get the feeling its also about money, who you know and alot of them don't seem to like younger people trying to get involved either! Shame really. I've been priced out of owning anything I like and have seriously been considering going back to dubz! They're still kool as f@&k, moneys reasonable (for me) and the people are super friendly and the shows are awesome.................definitely something to consider!
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.   Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Icon_minitimeSun May 15 2011, 08:34

smiffys_chop_shop wrote:
Yeah awesome pics mate. I know what you mean about the uk rodding scene, I get the feeling its also about money, who you know and alot of them don't seem to like younger people trying to get involved either! Shame really. I've been priced out of owning anything I like and have seriously been considering going back to dubz! They're still kool as f@&k, moneys reasonable (for me) and the people are super friendly and the shows are awesome.................definitely something to consider!

I think going to day shows like wheels days etc are worth it and even billing for the day to look round the cars, just not bothered about camping over.

i've been using my oval as a daily the last couple of weeks, with it's decent gear ratios and 1641cc twin webber motor i'm getting as good MPG as i was in the diesel astra before it got side swiped. that's another massive difference between yanks and VW's, very useable... mind you cost of buying a decent one is getting pretty high.

Did you go to the OK diner last Sunday? i've been out of town for the last 4 times it's been on... hopefully not next month

Still uploading Saturday part 2 pics by the way, not too many to go... can't believe how many i managed to take! Surprised
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.   Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 09:17

Ah thats kool then. I have noticed how they have crept up in value although compared to the yanky stuff they're still more affordable. My sister left her beetle with my nephew when she left for New Zealand (even though she said she would give it to me) and he gave it to his dad when he owed him some money, but he doesn't want it as he's got a split that he's working on. Needs a ton of work but as it was hers and she taught me to drive in it it would be good to have. I think its a 68 or something but has pre 67 wings and a long bonnet with a w deck lid, most of the other parts I'd junk anyway and it needs an engine (had a twin carb 1641 that now lives in her ex's split), but sure I could get it for a reasonable price maybe!? Before she left I told her I wanted to volksrod it, but I always fancied a 60's style race look bug too, low in the front with a narrowed beam, sprintstars with red band tires, twin carb motor with a turbo muffler, some nice seats and stuff and painted 'ford roman bronze' or a more original pale blue............not that I've thought about it much like Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.   Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 13:33

I actually had a guy came in today who has Beetle project for sale, i was going to run it past you but sounds like you may have one sorted, sounds like a good idea if you can get hold of that one, cool to keep it in the family...

Hey i saw this Beetle in the car park at the Round Up, it was very clean and simple but just worked i thought for a late beetle, what do you think to it?

Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Z10

Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Z110
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.   Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Icon_minitimeWed May 18 2011, 13:27

oh really? Yeah thats a nice beetle, got some nice kustom hints, I'd wanna chop it though!................should've kept me last one Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.   Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2011, 05:03

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.   Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Photos from the Lone Star Round Up, Austin, Texas.
Page 1 of 1