Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings All,its over there!

Go down 
+3
Jay Jay
Frank Pierce
max last
7 posters
AuthorMessage
max last

max last

Greetings All,its over there! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2007, 13:04

Greetings All, my first attempt at this online caper, so please be patient. My second bus, spotted it at Stanford Hall this year, after a swift sale of my previous split this cheeky rascal was purchased from Jonesy at Boatyard. Hats off to him for resurecting it, my only input so far has been to drive it. The story is it sat in a forest in northen Sweden from 1973, being used as a cabin by the local forestry blokes for approx. 30 years until ripe then picked ,shipped, and rescued. To date everybody except 1 person has started their conversation with either "what colour are you going to spray it" or "it`ll be nice when its done", i really don`t know why.[img][/img] i have attempted to put a photo or two in here, lordy knows if it made the trip. if this all goes up in flames i`ll try again eventually.Many thanks dom67 for posting the pics, available now in the intro section.
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21 2008, 07:26

Ive got so fed up with the same comments about my 71 bay.....its through to the metal in loads of places but I'll be damned if I'll paint it....its Anchoirwaxed good and proper and is totally OG......at Stamford show last year all the chavs kept coming up to me saying "That looks like a project then" or "When are you going to paint it"......aaaarrrggghhhhh
Back to top Go down
Jay Jay

Jay Jay

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21 2008, 10:38

too many chavs in stamford for my liking. causing a nuisance and intimidating people in there own town :evil: p*sses me right off. there i've said it.
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21 2008, 13:21

The chavs come from all around actually, and Ive lived in Stamford for 15 years and its a damned nice place to live.........if you don't like the town, go somewhere else.....
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 06:08

Stamford has got to be one of the least chaviest towns in the country... go anywhere else and i'd put money on it you will see more hanging around and causing trouble...

i love Stamford, i wouldn't live anywhere else unless it was to be next to the sea in Cornwall... but then i'd be cut off from so much more so i'll stay here. Smile

It's easy to forget what a beautiful old town we live in here, i drove through the other day and tried to view it as if i'd never been here before... it's simply stunning i would say, just a damn shame most the old shop fronts in the high street got ruined in the 60's and 70's Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.RoadHouseretro.com
sam@bugeyeddesigns

sam@bugeyeddesigns

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 06:30

Stamford is a nice place to live- unless you want to drive through it or park in town, then it's a bit of a pain Rolling Eyes

I wouldn't say stamford is full of chavs- public school kids more like.

I don't think people actually appreciate the architecture and history of stamford. I even did a first year university assignment on the landscape planning of stamford

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bugeyeddesigns.co.uk
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 07:43

Stamford was designated the first conservation town in the UK and has an abundance of original Georgian and Victorian buildings....those people out there who appreciate VW design for example, would love to see our town centre.....see www.stamford.co.uk.......we also have a parking problem which is not just a problem for people visitiing the town but is a real problem for residents who live in the centre, and there are many who just don't have any parking space....this is an historical issue to do with SKDC....

There is also a long running debate over a bypass and juggernauts....

Apart from that in the evenings in summer we get overwhelmed by people coming from local villages and towns who want to come and have a good time because all our pubs and bars and restaurants are so close together....we are probably the nations best pub crawl.....but don't blame the result of this on people who live in the town who generally do appreaciate the culture of the place, the history, and who are not chavs........

If anyone thinks we are overrun with chavs, check out Kettering, Corby and Northampton.......
Back to top Go down
rusty

rusty

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 07:55

i agree, stamford is a fab place to live
:cheers:
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 08:15

Before we moved here in the early 80s we lived for 17 years in London......if ever there was a turning point in our lives it was leaving the smoke to start a family in this amazing town.....Stamford rocks !!! :bounce:

Having said that I totally agree with Tim that I can see an idyll which is in Cornwall high up overlooking the sea......retirement !!

Having said that I was born and grew up in Malvern .....anyone who has been to Vanfest can appreciate that ole place........
Back to top Go down
super-craig

super-craig

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 09:36

ther does seem to be a huge amount of vw bus fans in stamford
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 10:06

We are all living in a commune just off the Casterton Road
❤
Back to top Go down
super-craig

super-craig

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 10:35

far out man Laughing
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 11:18

You also gotta remember that this is Tim's forum and he is a Stamfordian, so a lot of us locals are on the forum because he has worked on our buses....

I doubt that Stamford has for some bizarre reason more than an average number of bus owners......You rarely see any around here....
Back to top Go down
super-craig

super-craig

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 11:44

so technically your all monkey spinners Laughing its also a good friendly forum Frank Cool
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2008, 14:03

yes
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeTue May 13 2008, 11:37

Thinking about it, no we're not all Spinners....the Spinners tend to fall asleep late in the evening in a tent at shows with a few tiny sausages still on the barbeque, empty Budweiser tins strewn around the place and wearing very heavy puffer jackets (I avoided the A word) and wooly hats, even in mid summer.....
Back to top Go down
Jay Jay

Jay Jay

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeTue May 13 2008, 13:09

WTF you on? crystal meth?
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeTue May 13 2008, 13:57

Haven't you seen the pictures ?
Been trying to stoke up the section on technical links but I just can't think of anything...more precisely I don't know anything....
The reg for Hippychick came through and its FAV 254C, Frank is FAV 240C........
Metiodone does it...
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitimeTue May 13 2008, 14:14

Jay, you want a drive to Vegas ? Hippychick (65) will be ready to go mate.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings All,its over there!   Greetings All,its over there! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings All,its over there!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Your cars, trucks and current projects-
Jump to: