Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introduce yourself...

Go down 
+48
karlehsp
Dan Sim
Lee
webbo
UK RUSS 1960 OLDS
Topted
lance
dth
weedwhacker
mackie48
kustomkulture
topperr4
krautspeed
smiffys_chop_shop
sparkywig
veedubberdan
Graham L
Mel
marc s
Frank
Stu
sam@bugeyeddesigns
hart5lizard
dubdubz
rusty
CHEERS
KingfastT
Superflyguy
dbzzz
Frank Pierce
Fast Eddie
Johnny™
super-craig
presland123
Veggie
Lucky13
beatnick
jim
max last
El Viajero
tom
Jay Jay
adywells
dom67
Egotrippin'
Faux
Grazy
Tim
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Topted

Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25 2009, 10:10

Tim wrote:
That's got to be more interesting than working on the production line, i couldn't do it... i reckon i'd be taken away by men in white coats within a week! Laughing

Ha ha, it's not for everybody watching 300 or so engines roll past you every night can get a bit tedious, many a time i have wondered whether i should be doing it.
a lot better now i'm off line, but still nowhere near a dream job Rolling Eyes
oh well, at least it's the weekend, roll on next weekend and Brighton Breeze Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25 2009, 17:09

Hi Tim and everyone else,

My name is Russell aged 47 living in Huntingdon Cambs.

I first met Tim a couple of months ago at one of the Stamford breakfast meets along with a couple of his mates Ed and Duncan.

I was booked in for the Stamford 2009 show and via a posting Tim had made on the NSRA website i accepted his invitation to park on his stand along with many other friends of his.

Yet another invatation from Tim has now brought me to this forum.

I have been interesed in cars from a very early age and been in/connected to the motor trade all my working life, although i have slowed down a bit now and am not as hands on as i used to be.

I am into Rockabilly music, and try to get around to some of the gigs when i can. I also do a bit of shooting now and again.

I will put a post up in the "cars projects" section with a couple of pics.

I use the same user name on all web sites and can generally be found on the Rods n Sods or NSRA forums.

Thats all for now.

Russ.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26 2009, 01:31

Hey Russ

Thanks for joining!

You should come along to some of the No Country for Old Men gigs at Mama liz's in Stamford i'm sure you'd like the bands that play... i'll have a look and see who's playing next and when.
Back to top Go down
http://www.RoadHouseretro.com
UK RUSS 1960 OLDS

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26 2009, 04:21

Tim wrote:
Hey Russ

Thanks for joining!

You should come along to some of the No Country for Old Men gigs at Mama liz's in Stamford i'm sure you'd like the bands that play... i'll have a look and see who's playing next and when.

Hi Tim,

If you could let me know of any gigs i would appeciate it. thumbs up

I have got that simon from peterborough (buick roadster at the last breakfast meet) coming over in about an hour to collect some sheet aluminium so i had better get sorted. I will post again fairly soon.

Russ. 07762 - 747643.
Back to top Go down
webbo

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12 2009, 10:23

'Ey up! I'm webbo, 32, live out at goxhill up in that there lincolnshire, i drive a 77 slammed bay (Currently selling), got a 69 bug mid resto and a couple of other slugs about that i'm welding for peeps.

Been into slugs for the last 4 years or so, and getting more into them by the day. I'm a time served industrial sparky with mechanical thrown in. maybe see some of you's at a show soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Lee

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06 2009, 02:35

Hi I'm Lee. I'm 30 and I've got a 62 vw notchback. I keep seeing Tim post pictures of cool looking cars on Facebook so I thought I might take a good look round here. again. Very Happy

Cheers Tim

(ps I couldn;t remember my og log in so thought I'd start again Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07 2009, 01:05

Hey Lee how's it going?

welcome... again Smile
Back to top Go down
Lee

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07 2009, 02:32

Tim wrote:
Hey Lee how's it going?

welcome... again Smile

I'm cool cheers,

I'm going to start looking at some american cars rather than boring myself with vw's Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dan Sim

Dan Sim

PostSubject: Hi Everyone.   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06 2010, 15:07

Hi Tim and everyone else. I'm Dan and I live in Corby Glen near Grantham. I'm 38, my first car was a 1971 Beetle then I had a break from the scene for a while until I got my first Bay about 6 years ago. Now the proud owner of a 72 crossover Bay, imported from Australia. I am a Pilot in the RAF and have worked with Bomber, who's awesome splitty has had some great work done by Tim. I must pop in sometime - and I like the sound of the breakfast club! Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07 2010, 11:42

Hi Dan and wlecome! is Bomber Darrell?

post some pics of your bus, what conversion is it?
Back to top Go down
Dan Sim

Dan Sim

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07 2010, 13:49

You know what? I have no idea what his real name is; he is known as Bomber to us, probably because his surname is Harris.. He lives in corby glen too and has a lovely red and white splitty. I have posted some pics of my bus on the projects page. I will need you to do a little bit of paint for me whenever possible; just a few bits and pieces on the front panel etc which would be better sorted sooner rather than later..

I will pop in on my way home soon (I work at Wittering so its not far off the beaten track) so you can have a look. Cheers, Dan.
Back to top Go down
karlehsp

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04 2010, 14:15

Hi my name is Karle, i'm 35 and live in good old Corby (little scotland) Northants. I have been into old vw's for a couple of years now and currently own a slammed 69 crew cab.

I spent many years playing in various bands and skateboarding with Dunk 54 also on this forum. I have my own Decorating and plastering business which keeps me busy, and theres no one on my back and it keeps the wolves from the door. I am into any music which is cool and not shoved in my face mainly american punk bands.

Look forward to getting to know some people on this forum and hopefully get to a few meets with Dunk in the future.
Back to top Go down
Astralflier

Astralflier

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 09 2010, 08:11

Hi All, Shane here!! Live just outside of Holbeach, lincs.....Into mk3 ford zephyrs/zodis, I'v got a zephyr 4(spares car) and a Zodi! The Zodi hopefully will be on the road hopefully sometime this month!! And for all you VW Fans I also have a Lt 31, with a camper conversion, we wanted a bay or a splitty but the prices were more than I could afford at the time!! The Lt has 55k on the clock from new and is a nice motor....well, it has a Vw on the front so it's its almost there...Lol Hopefully I will catch you all around the shows sometime! Thanks, Shane..... thumbs up
Back to top Go down
roland

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09 2010, 08:27

Hey all,

Thought I'd introduce myself since my account has been cancelled once because of my inactivity.. sleep Laughing

So i'm from Belgium, got a 68' Cal-look bug with a 180bhp engine that's been featured in a couple of mags..

Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Dyn009_original_600_402_jpeg_2505735_9575b5471aef50c109652bc76cda22c2

I do dragrace with her and did a 13,59 at santapod last year on street tires and with fan belt on.. Smile

Couple of years ago I got an early bay, 1970 deluxe, imported from cali. I drove it for a year, first stock height, then lowered. I did about 15.000km that year, without too much problems. The biggest part was an awesome trip to Norway for 3 weeks. Love small gravel roads and camping in a lowered deluxe Smile

Right now i'm doing some work on it, changing the usual: new rubber, headliner, cleaning & insulating the interior, etc..

here's a couple of pics:

Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Dyn004_original_600_900_jpeg_2505735_998c13179766966be6495e987094651b

great tow car too!:

Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Dyn003_original_800_330_jpeg_2505735_af6027de25101ac8eabb8e1198cce719

Now I might get some american iron, might be time for a change..
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09 2010, 16:04

Hi Shane, Roland and welcome!

Got any pics of your cars Shane?

Did you post before on here Roland? i did have a clear out of members that had never posted and if i removed you even though you had posted i appologise for that Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09 2010, 16:18

Delta green is a lovely Deluxe bay coulour, are they vintage travel decals on the drivers side rear window?
Back to top Go down
roland

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2010, 05:28

Tim,

had not posted no, just looking around Smile

And yes it's travel decals.. or stickers to be correct. I love old water transfer decals but they feel to old for a bay. This set I got feel more period-correct..

Don't have a pic of them right now but i'll take one next time I see my van..
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2010, 09:47

I know what your saying....I have loads of the water transfer type ones and have never used them because i never felt the vehicle i wanted to put them on was old enough.

My 40 Chevy has faint traces of one on it's rear side window, i went through pages of them on American ebay and was lucky enough to find the one it was for sale and i bought it, it was this one...

Introduce yourself... - Page 9 L_bd5a2016df9e4ab9b19afd9bf6d445dd

Quite cool as now i know it's pretty certain that the 40 has toured to the Yellowstone National park at some point in it's life.
Back to top Go down
skin69

skin69

PostSubject: Hi Guys   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01 2010, 12:19

Hi all
Just a quick intro as I've just stumbled across this site.
I've got a 1969 tin top bay and my real name is Nige...

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04 2010, 09:43

skin69 wrote:
Hi all
Just a quick intro as I've just stumbled across this site.
I've got a 1969 tin top bay and my real name is Nige...

Cheers.

Hi and welcome Nige!

Are you going to post some pics of your bus?
Back to top Go down
skin69

skin69

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05 2010, 13:52

Here she is, as used for my wedding day!!

Introduce yourself... - Page 9 IMG_2222

Introduce yourself... - Page 9 IMG_2225-1-1

Hope you enjoyed?
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05 2010, 15:54

Oh cool Smile

What's the deal with the roof?
Back to top Go down
skin69

skin69

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06 2010, 10:45

The roof is from Riviera Roof and is a fibreglass sliding roof.

It covers the hole where the old pop top (upside down yacht) sat.

The roof does the job and ain't to bad when open or closed, real quick to do. I fitted it as an accesory/bolt on but they suggest trying to blend in and fill it?? Don't think that idea would work to well though?? It's about an inch thick at the edge.... affraid
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06 2010, 14:16

I've never seen one of those before, like you say a quick fix!

Yeah filling upto an inch of fibreglass would be asking for some big old cracks in the not too distant future!
Back to top Go down
skin69

skin69

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07 2010, 13:37

If I'm ever passing I'll drop in so you can take a goosey gander!
I work near Rutland Water, so kinda that way!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself...   Introduce yourself... - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself...
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General chat, Shows, meets and gigs...-
Jump to: