Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How many years on a board?

Go down 
+5
Lucky13
Jay Jay
Egotrippin'
Tim
Faux
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tim
Admin
Tim

How many years on a board? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14 2007, 15:17

Faux wrote:
Man! you both have better memories than me.....

You are making me jealeous :evil: Tim, I just don't get the time to session much any more. I will make the time>>>

It's easy not to find the time... but worth it when you do make the efort i've found Smile

Egotrippin' wrote:
My first board is long gone. I remember it had pink trackers :shock: and some OJII's.
Digging the Jay Adams graphics Tim. Are they pretty recent?
It took looking at that website to jog my memory on some of the boards. I'm on a mission now to find the rest...

The black Jay Adams i bought in Venice beach 3 years ago, it was a limited edition and i will never skate it. definately one for the wall, i love the graphics... the blue one i bought over here on ebay cos it was fairly cheap, it's a old school pool board style and i don't know if i'll ever skate it or not.

the one on the right is a blank that a artist named Shad in America gold leafed and pin striped, Derrick bought it over here last year to sell but it didn't so he left it here. i was going to keep it but i needed a new deck so i just grip taped it and bolted my trucks on. haven't riden in yet but i'll be leaving gold on coping somewhere this week for sure :bounce:
Back to top Go down
http://www.RoadHouseretro.com
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18 2007, 14:56

I went over to Leicester again last night, i'm really getting back into it, just can't to go again now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2007, 13:07

Did any of you get the book 'Dysfunctional' that came out in 99. Probably the best skate book I've seen.

How many years on a board? - Page 2 Dysfunctionalcover

I think its out of print now but I'll bring mine to the next show. Its a great collection of 80's and 90's skate ads, photos, artwork and all that good stuff. If you got skate mags throughout the 90's, you'll recognize loads of stuff in it.
The front cover above is well cool - Ed Templeton post slam.
Back to top Go down
Jay Jay

Jay Jay

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20 2007, 08:07

dude that pic reminds me of exactly what happens when i try and get on a board :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21 2007, 13:36

It happened to me enough over the years. I've got an extensive portfolio of injuries Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Faux

Faux

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2007, 12:33

Egotrippin' wrote:
It happened to me enough over the years. I've got an extensive portfolio of injuries Crying or Very sad

:shock: I know, I still find sitting on long journey's a problem after breaking my coxis in 99. Very Happy

Any claims to fame?

I did manage to get a photo in Rad, it was 93 at the Prestigne Comp, I was doing a backside 180s over a bench. A bit crap really but thought it might bring out some cool stories!
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2007, 13:24

I never got in any mags at all. I'm still trying to find some old photos though.
Walked past the local skateshop this weekend and noticed a Joel Curtis pro model deck hanging in the window - I grew up skating with him in Sheffield Smile
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2007, 14:35

No claims of fame for me... just an average skater enjoying myself i guess... Smile
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2007, 14:26

I just found the Leicester Skatepark on myspace...

http://www.myspace.com/theboardroomskatepark

just thought i'd tell you Smile
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02 2007, 14:26

They dont make em like this anymore :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QZtywRfgN4
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2007, 04:11

Just had a root around in the loft and found these.....

How many years on a board? - Page 2 DSC03074small
My last 4 boards - L to R - 2x Alien Workshop Jason Dill's, Alien Workshop team board, and a Habitat team board. The 2nd Jason Dill is probably the best board I've ever had.
The Jason Dill that's set up has Indies, Blueprint wheels and Powell bearings. Just busted a kickflip in the lounge - still feels good!

Also found these. I can't believe I still had them!

How many years on a board? - Page 2 DSC03076small

These events were amazing - it used to be the only time loads of US pro's came over. The weekends were absolute carnage. I remember a mini-riot in the hotel all the pro's were staying in one year. The old bill turned up at Radlands on the Sunday when the comp was on to arrest some of the pro's :shock:
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2007, 05:30

So tempted to take that complete setup out on the street? Wink

you live in a flat right? assuming it's not on the ground floor a bet the people in flat below wondered what the fuck was going on when you kick flipped it on living room floor Laughing
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2007, 12:38

I am tempted to take it down the Level or the seafront Smile .I've got the week off so I reckon I'll get down there once I've bought a wristguard and done the door seals on the bus.

The girl in the flat below is away at the minute so its cool to do a few tricks in the lounge.

The Jason Dill board that wasn't set up is now on the lounge wall Smile
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2007, 15:31

I reckon you should be posting some pics of that there retro furnishings you got going on in your living room Wink
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07 2007, 23:51

Yeah I've got a few tasty bits of 60's and 70's furniture Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12 2007, 13:46

I used to be big into my aggressive blading, but retired them upto the loft a few years back. After a bit of sno wblading in Italy I thought, right lets dust them off and have another pop, what a mistake, 1 sprained wrist, a big damaged ego, ripped t shirt and a smashed watch later...... wish I hadnt bothered.... lol. Getting big into my surfing now, having been a bodyboarder for a long time. Anyone else go down croyde area regular?
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2007, 14:51

Some photographic evidence!

How many years on a board? - Page 2 Skate3
Somewhere in Weymouth, probably 1989.

How many years on a board? - Page 2 Skate4
Boardslide in Weymouth, 1989.

How many years on a board? - Page 2 Skate5
Holywell Bay Skatepark, Cornwall circa 1991. Rollin' with broken wrist and tipex griptape art.
This park was filled in shortly after so a go-kart track could be built on it :shock:

How many years on a board? - Page 2 Skate1
ollie out of the bank, Holywell Bay, 1991.

How many years on a board? - Page 2 Skate2
nice ollie, Chatham 1996. I did level it out, honest Wink
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2007, 00:45

Egotrippin' wrote:
Some photographic evidence!
How many years on a board? - Page 2 Skate1
ollie out of the bank, Holywell Bay, 1991.

Evidence of what, that once you like me did have hair? Laughing

was the pic above to fakie or did you land on the grass? if it was fakie then mochos respect to you sir!
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2007, 01:24

That was on to grass Tim - the bank wasnt steep enough to go to fakie without it looking pony Crying or Very sad

Yeah it is evidence I once had a full barnet. Sadly I have no other choice these days Sad
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2007, 01:30

Egotrippin' wrote:
That was on to grass Tim - the bank wasnt steep enough to go to fakie without it looking pony Crying or Very sad

Yeah it is evidence I once had a full barnet. Sadly I have no other choice these days Sad

I did think it would have been hard to get back in on that one...

yeah it's come to the point i have no choice either dude, never mind aye Smile

got any pics of that dude shredding it up on the lilo? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lucky13

Lucky13

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2007, 13:30

I've skated since i was 4....so 14 years !

My current set up's a Bam him 2 with destructo bam signiture trucks, Featherlight oddballs with Word grenade bearing.....It goes everywhere with me......But my real love is trials riding XD

Anyone else ride trials ?

Jarrod
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2007, 14:05

Lucky13 wrote:
Anyone else ride trials ?

Jarrod

on a skateboard? :shock: Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lucky13

Lucky13

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2007, 14:13

HAHAHA !

Has anyone on here had any success skating ?

My trials bike....

How many years on a board? - Page 2 868h1sg

And my Orange 5 Se....

How many years on a board? - Page 2 7x1s64y

All i can say is theres a solid splitty there (if there is such a thing as a SOLID split !)
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2007, 14:29

what do you mean solid splitty?

I had success last week skating, i managed a whole 2 hours with out a really hard slam Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lucky13

Lucky13

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26 2007, 14:31

I always stack when i skate, i tried to clear all 48 steps at the front of basingstoke college once.....the first bit of blood was on the twelth step up from the bottom.....From then on i decided i'd just do Berts' and Footplants and be cool :face:

Jarrod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many years on a board?   How many years on a board? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many years on a board?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next