Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

flat louvered panels

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

flat louvered panels Empty
PostSubject: flat louvered panels   flat louvered panels Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11 2011, 13:40

I've just got set-up at work and been playing around with flat louvered panels, they're 3" louvres, I've made a panel that is tailgate size with 80 louvres in and a pair of panels that could go in a hood. I'll get a couple pics (along with the multi-function metal working frame I'm trying to work on Laughing ) to see what you guys think. I also wondered if there'd be any interest if I produced a couple for flogging!???
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: flat louvered panels   flat louvered panels Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12 2011, 11:44

Sounds cool, look forward to seeing the pics, so are you just going to be doing preformed panel sections or will you be able to do panels off actual cars?
Back to top Go down
http://www.RoadHouseretro.com
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: flat louvered panels   flat louvered panels Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13 2011, 04:15

They'd be just flat panels (mild steel or aluminium) for cutting and welding in or however people would want to fix 'em in. Just something I could do for a bit of extra cash and something I'm interested in, can't afford my own project right now so would be kool to atleast help somebody (even in a small way) with theirs. I'd struggle with full on panels because I guess you really need an original to work off and I haven't got an english wheel so couldn't produce the double curvuture contours. Just thought I'd see if there was any interest in it though first, could always do a few and sell out the back of the truck at shows, they go for good money on ebay U.S. I'll take the camera to work tomorrow and get a couple pics.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: flat louvered panels   flat louvered panels Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13 2011, 07:30

smiffys_chop_shop wrote:
They'd be just flat panels (mild steel or aluminium) for cutting and welding in or however people would want to fix 'em in. Just something I could do for a bit of extra cash and something I'm interested in, can't afford my own project right now so would be kool to atleast help somebody (even in a small way) with theirs. I'd struggle with full on panels because I guess you really need an original to work off and I haven't got an english wheel so couldn't produce the double curvuture contours. Just thought I'd see if there was any interest in it though first, could always do a few and sell out the back of the truck at shows, they go for good money on ebay U.S. I'll take the camera to work tomorrow and get a couple pics.

What i meant was if someone say bought you a bonnet could you louvre it?
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: flat louvered panels   flat louvered panels Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14 2011, 14:48

ah sorry mate, the machine we got at work (called a 'Strippit') has a flat bed and its kinda like a ram as opposed to a 'pullmax' for instance so you couldn't really line it up the same, and the way this thing punches them would probably flatten out any beads/flanges or curves somewhat so.......no...unfortunately. The most annoying thing is that theres a Pullmax at work with a shearing tool in it but the other tooling (for flanging, beading and louvering etc...) mysteriously vanished some time ago therefore its pretty useless Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: flat louvered panels   flat louvered panels Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15 2011, 00:17

Oh well, atleast you can do sections. i'll bare it in mind.

if that pullmax machine has no tooling they may aswell give it to me Smile
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: flat louvered panels   flat louvered panels Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22 2011, 12:29

A guy in the states has just published a whole book on pullmaxes and making tooling for them but can't remember his name or the title of the book.
Anway finally got some pics of the panels I made, let me know what you think.......

flat louvered panels Tailgatepanel

(Tim, like my product placement in the background Laughing )

flat louvered panels Hoodpanel
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: flat louvered panels   flat louvered panels Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24 2011, 10:42

They look really good dude, is that ally?
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: flat louvered panels   flat louvered panels Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24 2011, 11:42

nah dude they're 1.5mm mild steel. I think they look good too, would look good cut to shape and welded in a tailgate, the gap in the middle would nicely accomodate some striping too!
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: flat louvered panels   flat louvered panels Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24 2011, 12:01

Very neat, have you got plans for the two in the second pic?

Yes good product placement thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Mazo

Mazo

PostSubject: Re: flat louvered panels   flat louvered panels Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27 2011, 11:04

Hi there was the book by Timothy Remus by any chance?
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: flat louvered panels   flat louvered panels Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28 2011, 10:00

nah dude the books by Fay Butler, he's a Pullmax genius by the looks of it, I saw him and info on the book in a copy of 'street rodder' magazine. Haven't got any plans for the pair of panels was just playing around although I might ebay them or something cuz I ain't got use for them unfortunately and even more unfortunately I'm skint! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: flat louvered panels   flat louvered panels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

flat louvered panels
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General chat, Shows, meets and gigs...-
Jump to: