Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rutland hotrod/custom show

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fast Eddie

Rutland hotrod/custom show  Empty
PostSubject: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08 2010, 14:20

right, my work (sycomore harley davidson uppingham) put on a custom show for bikes every year, ... next year, they thinking of expanding and making it a rod and custom (hot vw too of course) show as well. in the planning stage at the minute but heres what being thought.
in the past uppingham has had classic car shows on which closes the market area, and main street for parking and show etc. this is what thyre thinking of but for cool stuff like ours of course Smile
local hotel/bar is going to be asked about a cheap rate for people wanting to stay overnight, and also about putting on music in their hall(i'd probably sleep in my van in a carpark!), hopefully a local band of some description, and lots of boooooze.(other drinking establishments are available too ) avin secure parking at sycomores and hotel carpark so no need to worry about leaving pride and joy out and about..
so itd be a saturday and sunday show, with party at night, not sure of much else yet, but a burnout competition (my idea) has been put forward and considered!!!
all set in a quaint little town.
i think its normally late february, so not much else on.
anybody think the may be interested? and what vehicle would you bring?...
ta.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09 2010, 11:36

Oh cool, i'd definately be interested, fuck knows what car i'd be in by then though... maybe the 40 Chevy, 57 Pontiac or something else Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.RoadHouseretro.com
CHEERS

CHEERS

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10 2010, 03:37

be rude to miss sometihng so close Smile
Back to top Go down
Fast Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11 2010, 04:49

cool stuff, anyone else interested?
possibilty of trade stands there too. just need to gauge an interest so far. Smile
Back to top Go down
max last

max last

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15 2010, 12:22

I could be tempted i reckon.
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31 2010, 09:01

Count us in!
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31 2010, 09:15

smiffys_chop_shop wrote:
Count us in!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'ssssssssss aaaaalllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! avin
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07 2010, 03:42

Sorry dude! I don't know whats going on but I seem to struggle for time to sit on my arse and get on here, probly doesn't help that I've just started a CAD course at college so effectively I'm a student again hahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08 2010, 13:49

smiffys_chop_shop wrote:
Sorry dude! I don't know whats going on but I seem to struggle for time to sit on my arse and get on here, probly doesn't help that I've just started a CAD course at college so effectively I'm a student again hahahaha!

That's fair enough dude, at least your busy with stuff, we'll have to have a catch up sometime soon...
Back to top Go down
Fast Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11 2010, 14:35

small update,

its on the weekend of 5 and 6 march, or what ever that weekend is..

there are rooms to be booked to stay in at the falcon hotel, about 45 quid i think, sleep up to 4.

band booked to play , not sure who, but i been told theyre good..

Tim, would you be interested in a free trade plot? probably outside sycamore building,
maybe get some of your customers with cool motors in a roadhouse line up?

i know people at work gettin in touch with local hot rod / yank clubs..
it has a potential to be a good doo i think. although being the first ever its difficult and a bit worrying for them!

theres talk of cheap MOT vouchers for all rods etc that turn up. Wink

ill keep you posted..
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11 2010, 16:10

Sounds good, yes i'll take a stand and try to organise a few cool cars to come along Smile
Back to top Go down
Fast Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28 2011, 14:14

well the custom show is this weekend coming, and to be honest, im not sure the planning is up to much! considering they want cars n stuff there, they dont appear to have any definate stuff to interest us, basically relying on me bringing some friends i think.
they did liked my idea of mot vouchers for rods n customs that turn up, but that idea was months ago, and theres been no mention since. to be honest, its a half arsed effort on their behalf, too many idea and not enough commitment or organisation to see it thru.
having said that, i will go up on saturday if its nice weather. if not i may go over in a normal car to see what custom bikes are there. you never know, it might actually be good!
i think saturday is the day if anyones interested in going. thats the main judging day for the bikes.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28 2011, 14:19

Nothing like plenty of warning! Laughing

do you think they could organise a piss up in a brewery? scratch Laughing
Back to top Go down
CHEERS

CHEERS

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03 2011, 17:06

i might shoot over in the car with the kids if its not raining.
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07 2011, 13:53

So what happened with the show? anybody go? was it any good?
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08 2011, 02:25

Yeah what did we miss?
Back to top Go down
CHEERS

CHEERS

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08 2011, 14:58

well, if you like custom harleys it was a good little show. there were a couple of cars/vans there but only a handfull.....
the hotdogs were nice
Rutland hotrod/custom show  Rutland%20bikes1
Rutland hotrod/custom show  Rutland%20bikes2
Rutland hotrod/custom show  Rutland%20bikes3
Rutland hotrod/custom show  Rutland%20bikes4
Rutland hotrod/custom show  Rutland%20bikes5
Rutland hotrod/custom show  Rutland%20bikes6
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09 2011, 00:23

Seems like a good idea, It could work well if they could get it better organised for next year. Give em a kick up the butt Ed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rutland hotrod/custom show    Rutland hotrod/custom show  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rutland hotrod/custom show
Page 1 of 1