Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

going the 'other' way

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kustomkulture

kustomkulture

going the 'other' way Empty
PostSubject: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03 2010, 11:06

interesting your comments Tim, regarding going from air cooled to something like your good ladies truck, but me i'm going the other way from my 52' chevy truck to a humble Beetle, i sold the truck in the summer and business is tough (sign maker) so although i really want a 'A' coupe it aint gonna happen, so i have just bought my sons 'sorn' for two years Beetle, its gonna get a subtle 2'' chop, stock wings, steels (stud pattern is 5 stud jag/chevy), stripped out interior, everything painted satin grey inside and out, oh and a quick motor, this will do me on a budget untill work picks up.............

going the 'other' way DSC_0010-1
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04 2010, 01:31

Should be an interesting project, i like it on those wheels, something you dont see often Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.RoadHouseretro.com
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06 2010, 11:24

Yeah they're kool, are they cragars? They look very similar to supremes often seen on kustoms with those white bands rock
Back to top Go down
kustomkulture

kustomkulture

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2010, 02:37

yeah there Cragars, Kanes whole plan with this car is that it had have cragar five spokers, offsets being a nightmare hence the oversize wings, i think this is the only fully fendered bug i've seen with the cragars, Gonzo had them but that was fenderless as you know, as for Astro Supremes my favourite wheel..
Back to top Go down
kustomkulture

kustomkulture

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2010, 02:42

just love Astros, my old 53' at Goodwood for the Euro Nats about 8-10 years ago

going the 'other' way 6-1
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2010, 01:47

very nice mate, that one weren't in the other post with your other cars!! My ol' man wants to do someting 53 purely becasue thats his birth year.
Back to top Go down
kustomkulture

kustomkulture

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2010, 14:31

smiffys_chop_shop wrote:
very nice mate, that one weren't in the other post with your other cars!! My ol' man wants to do someting 53 purely becasue thats his birth year.

theres still a few more bud, 53 was nice but 54' bel air was nicer just never had the money to finish it, just love that 54 in for sale in Custom Car on bags ....
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11 2010, 10:55

Is that the blue and white/cream one for about 14k? im sure thats the one classic american ran a feature on with the couple who own it getting married in vegas not so long ago. scratch
Back to top Go down
kustomkulture

kustomkulture

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11 2010, 12:13

smiffys_chop_shop wrote:
Is that the blue and white/cream one for about 14k? im sure thats the one classic american ran a feature on with the couple who own it getting married in vegas not so long ago. scratch

thats the one, so nice!
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12 2010, 01:17

Who's doing the chop on the bug, are you goinbg to tackle it?
Back to top Go down
kustomkulture

kustomkulture

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23 2010, 11:26

Tim wrote:

i'm doing the cutting and Merv Barnett the welding trouble is he's in Egypt at the moment, stock rear wings now on (oversize ones for sale) Cragars sold, but slow progress busy on my youngest's Harleys T4.....My T5 should be back this week after air bagging, will be in the outside display on the saturday at Volksworld if your around...........
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23 2010, 11:36

kustomkulture wrote:
Tim wrote:

i'm doing the cutting and Merv Barnett the welding trouble is he's in Egypt at the moment, stock rear wings now on (oversize ones for sale) Cragars sold, but slow progress busy on my youngest's Harleys T4.....My T5 should be back this week after air bagging, will be in the outside display on the saturday at Volksworld if your around...........

in Egypt, how selfish Laughing

oh i liked the cragars, what's going on it?

I'll be at Volksworld but trading, if it's anything like previous years i'll have about 10 mins all weekend to walk about. i'd like to see it though.
Back to top Go down
kustomkulture

kustomkulture

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24 2010, 10:23

steels, hubcaps and beauty rings, unless i can find some bolt on spindle mount 12 spokers with wide whites........

just got hold of a couple of Volvo Amozon dash panels (to make one good one out of the two)........kool dash
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26 2010, 02:46

kustomkulture wrote:
steels, hubcaps and beauty rings, unless i can find some bolt on spindle mount 12 spokers with wide whites........

just got hold of a couple of Volvo Amozon dash panels (to make one good one out of the two)........kool dash

Those Amazon speedos are the strip type right? that will be different, i'm interested to see how that turns out.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27 2010, 01:57

going the 'other' way 167-6799_IMG
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2010, 08:14

I've never seen inside them thats nice i like it, if it didn't have a volvo badge i couldn't have guessed what it was from!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: going the 'other' way   going the 'other' way Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

going the 'other' way
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Your cars, trucks and current projects-
Jump to: