Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

problems with s/a bus - gearbox or bearings - please help

Go down 
AuthorMessage
presland123

presland123

problems with s/a bus - gearbox or bearings - please help Empty
PostSubject: problems with s/a bus - gearbox or bearings - please help   problems with s/a bus - gearbox or bearings - please help Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2009, 08:05

Had a s/a conversion fitted by the previous owner and decided to fit a 1500 box that I managed to pick up reconditioned.

All was going well, but when I have fitted the bearing covers and clamped up the drums the axles went tight and wouldnt turn. Its not the brakes as these are not fitted yet.

As soon as I removed the drums and the bearing covers, the axles turn again.

Have all the bearing and spacers as fitted previously.

Any ideas as I have the bus booked in with tim in a couple of weeks for a safetly check as I have had a few problems with some of the work completed by the previous owner, but at the moment I am unable to move it.

I live in South Witham (near stamford) and would be happy to pay for someones time to come and have a look.

Thanks

David
Back to top Go down
presland123

presland123

problems with s/a bus - gearbox or bearings - please help Empty
PostSubject: Re: problems with s/a bus - gearbox or bearings - please help   problems with s/a bus - gearbox or bearings - please help Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13 2009, 11:13

sorted, I didnt realise that the spacer that you fit before the bearing has to go a certain way round. found a picture showing the layout and realised my mistake.

On to the next job!
Back to top Go down

problems with s/a bus - gearbox or bearings - please help
Page 1 of 1