Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skegvegas 2009 Official thread

Go down 
+3
smiffys_chop_shop
Lily Bus
KingfastT
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KingfastT

KingfastT

Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Empty
PostSubject: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25 2009, 12:33

Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Skegvposter
Thats Right folks VivaskegVegas is back again. This year 9th May

Held at Xsite skate park and also to help raise money for the park

Xsite skatepark is a local charity (Reg charity number 1108889) this year the entry fee remains a credit crunch busting three pounds payable on the gate this will ensure us to keep our dream alive both Xsite skatepark and VivaSkegVegas for 2010 thank you for your support

The venue:

Xsite skate park, North parade, Skegenss, Lincolnshire, PE25 1BA

Xsite skatepark is a multimillion skate park, which myself and friends from an early age were into VW's & Skatebording and as we have progressed we all are still into them and fortunately through our skateboarding days a few of us founded the organisation that got the skate park to where it is now, so we think its only fair to offer a new kind of date to the vw calendar for this year and hopefully many to come....

'show and shine'

This will be open to both classes, air and water cooled, with trophies for best of aircooled, and for best of watercooled, furthest travelled... and Best of Show best club display So get polishing. Yet again special trophies made and donated by Bobby Wilcox of Milk&Two, Road House Retro and more to be announced

Trade Stalls.
As last year we will have a larger selection of trade stalls (PM me for pitch reservation)

Raffle.

various prizes will post a comprehensive list as it grows

'skatepark'

Every one attending the show will be allowed a discounted entry to the skatepark and discount hire charges on equipment hire might be available, or bring your own!! to avoid disapointment There will be Pro skate demos throughout the day by Vans UK skate team.
Plus beach displays

'autojumble area'

there will be a set area for auto jumbel the pitch will be FREE PM me for reservation, so if youve got any bits you wanna swap/sell, bring em along who knows you might make a few quid!!

'parking'

There will be a set area for the show and shine. Plus a regular car park, which will have a very limited Non VW parking area. Any body wishing to have a club stand PM and we will reserve a space for you and your set number of cars This year we have the whole carpark !!!!

'safety'

safety is prime concern at this show to make sure everyone is safe and no people are taking advantage of open spaces etc... those deemed to be causing problems will be asked to leave via security staff, any more problems and the police will be involved (station across the road), safety in the skate park is also a concern, any one wishing to use the the park will be asked to sign a disclamier/membership form so as to any injuries are at your own risk.

why not make a night of it , theres plenty of decent hotels to stop at and skegness nightlife is 2nd to none, please find below links to the skatepark venue and a couple of hotels which are some of the best around which you could possibly stop in if you wanted to make a night of it, there is cheaper alternatives ie: bed and breakfast these are plenty and range from £15 a night but you get what you pay for!! i can only describe skegenss as a very clean mini blackpool....

Check below for links to skatepark/venue and a couple of decent hotels...
skegness is here
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...&scale=2000000

http://www.xsiteskatepark.co.uk/
http://www.royalrenaissance.co.uk/
http://www.bedandbreakfastsguide.com...kfasts_936.asp

Its you the dubbers out there that make these shows/meets what they are so show some support and give it a go!!
TO EVERY ONE WHO ATTENDED LAST YEAR A VERY BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

hope to see you in May Viva Skeg Vegas Crew

any sponsers are welcome, or people wishing to donate prizes for raffle etc..
Back to top Go down
Lily Bus

Lily Bus

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2009, 00:26

This was our very first show as VW owners and really enjoyed last year so really looking forward to it again this year. Fingers crossed for good weather partay
Back to top Go down
http://www.terrileeracing.co.uk
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2009, 11:20

Couldn't help but notice the 'vw only' tag next to a roadhouse retro logo with what looks like a chevy business coupe in it???
Back to top Go down
KingfastT

KingfastT

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2009, 11:33

I started the show as a VW only event to chase off the Chavs. Skeg has loads of little corsa tossers we dont want there. With reguards to Rods I can arrange a space for a line up if you can get me an idea of numbers. I'm not against Yanks. hug
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2009, 13:20

I'm sorry my new logo has a yank in it Laughing

in my experience a good number of VW owners can also appreciate a nice vintage yank..

I think you can have it still as a strictly VW show with a little(pre arranged cars) American car line up as a feature/attraction like the skating display if that makes sense

it does go well with the name anyway Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.RoadHouseretro.com
KingfastT

KingfastT

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26 2009, 14:24

Yeah like I say I can sort a line up out no probs just need numbers
Back to top Go down
smiffys_chop_shop

smiffys_chop_shop

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2009, 02:23

Nah thats kool guys i wasn't bitchin'!
Back to top Go down
KingfastT

KingfastT

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05 2009, 09:45

sweet you fancy a little line up then?
Back to top Go down
KingfastT

KingfastT

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2009, 10:08

Got stuff? then trade at Vegas 15ft @£20 18ft @ £25. and limited FREE auto jumble plots!
Back to top Go down
KingfastT

KingfastT

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09 2009, 15:01

A subtle bump sick
Back to top Go down
Tess@bugeyeddesigns

Tess@bugeyeddesigns

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11 2009, 03:23

going to have to miss this for a second year running thanks to exams!
Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.bugeyeddesigns.co.uk
KingfastT

KingfastT

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14 2009, 02:25

Sad
Back to top Go down
KingfastT

KingfastT

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18 2009, 01:34

If anyone is staying over we are all going out on the town on Saturday night every one is welcome.

Also for the early birds we are having a friday night BBQ again all welcome hug
Back to top Go down
hailfrank

hailfrank

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeWed May 06 2009, 05:21

anyone wanting to cruise we're meeting between 8 and 8.30 at esso at eye near peterborough, going to spalding mc d's on a16 onto boston and then skeg

cant wait avin
Back to top Go down
KingfastT

KingfastT

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeSun May 10 2009, 12:57

A few pics from the day here http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=554144 some on some other threads.

Nice to see every one again
Back to top Go down
sam@bugeyeddesigns

sam@bugeyeddesigns

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeMon May 11 2009, 08:41

It was a really good show.

Good work toby!

partay

Thanks for the air freshener too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bugeyeddesigns.co.uk
KingfastT

KingfastT

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitimeMon May 11 2009, 09:43

sam@bugeyeddesigns wrote:
It was a really good show.

Good work toby!

partay

Thanks for the air freshener too!

Thanks mate glad you enjoyed it,

Dom I saw your bus but missed you sorry mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skegvegas 2009 Official thread   Skegvegas 2009 Official thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skegvegas 2009 Official thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General chat, Shows, meets and gigs...-
Jump to: