Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

another roadhouse production...

Go down 
+7
Frank Pierce
Johnny™
Jay Jay
Grazy
Tim
Faux
Egotrippin'
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnny™

Johnny™

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2008, 04:30

i thought these were cool... not stickers but air freshners

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 125837954_l

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 125837595_l

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 125837564_l

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 125837561_l

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 125837566_l
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2008, 08:10

I've been sorting the interior of the bus out over the last couple of months ready for the Volksworld show...

before

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 DSC03212

a bit on the shabby side..

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 DSC03213

all stripped out and insulated

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 DSC03218

and now after mucho cutting, sanding, varnishing, profanity, sanding, varnishing etc its all panelled out!.

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 DSC03366

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 DSC03367

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 DSC03368

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 DSC03369

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 DSC03370

only 5 days left....
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2008, 08:22

Nice work......Im not sure I actually saw your bus when it got here because you bought it so quick....don't blame you it was a real find.....also don't remember there being an interior as such when we bought it...it was being used to move surf boards around as I remember it...........
Back to top Go down
Grazy

Grazy

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2008, 09:21

Looks trik dude looking forward to seeing it at voo woo Cool
Back to top Go down
rusty

rusty

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2008, 11:27

looks good, what did you use for the paneling? sory if its a simple question but i need to get me some of that stuff and do that to my bus scratch !!
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2008, 11:35

Quote :
Nice work......Im not sure I actually saw your bus when it got here because you bought it so quick....don't blame you it was a real find.....also don't remember there being an interior as such when we bought it...it was being used to move surf boards around as I remember it...........

Thanks dude - it was empty when I got it - just a bit of shag pile carpet and some dodgy wooden racks for carrying surfboards. I got the westy interior pretty quick after I bought the bus.

Quote :
looks good, what did you use for the paneling? sory if its a simple question but i need to get me some of that stuff and do that to my bus scratch !!

The headlining is 1.5mm thick birch ply.
The sides are 4mm thick ply. I had to feather the edges down a bit to fit them into the existing channels. 3mm would be better if you can get it.
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2008, 11:50

Nice lookin wood headliner....good job.....are you goin to camper the inside ?
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2008, 13:14

Yeah the westy interior is going back in, all nicely re-upholstered Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2008, 14:22

My missus is as we speak deciding how to do the interior for Frank as he has lots of sponge etc missing....might be worth a conflab.........
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 12:59

A proper mad rush to get the bus finished for the Volksworld show - just about got it all done apart from the cab door panels.

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 DSC03430

The Birch ply tailgate hinge cover panel which I steamed to get the 40mm radius.
another roadhouse production... - Page 3 DSC03431

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 DSC03432

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 DSC03433

another roadhouse production... - Page 3 DSC03434
I lightly restored the westy units, just replacing bits of missing trim, sticking down any peeling laminate and giving them a good clean. Also replaced all the edge piping on them too so they look a lot neater.
The upholstery is intended to be a subtle update on the OG westy ones - the same thickness, shape and stitching with a colour to match my stock cab seats. Again, the floor is also a little updated from stock westy.
I'm well chuffed with how it all turned out and it got nice comments at the show too. Just got to get out and use it now Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 13:07

Whooooahhh that looks darned good...understated.......do all the bits work, sink etc ? Ive never had a working sink or heater.....
Back to top Go down
super-craig

super-craig

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 13:08

looking good ego trippin Cool
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 13:14

You must not have a day job......to get that bus in shape in so short a time....
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 13:31

Cheers guys.

I need to get the tap working - its just screwed down (about 10 minutes before the show opened on Saturday!) at the minute but not connected. Just needs a few connecting parts and the water tank needs fixing up and cleaning. No heating in here though other than the heat exchangers. I'm well pleased to have a working light in there though.

I've absolutely caned it over the last 6 weeks to get it done - varnishing before and after work every day and working all of the weekends and had two days off work before the show to finish up. Lost a bit of time due to the weather as this resto was done in my flat and out on the street. Probably going to finish all the little bits over the next month before Big Bang. Its MOT time in April so there a couple of bits to sort for that too Sad
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 13:52

Its obvious youve worked your socks off to get the bus done....so well done.....it looks fab......Having camped for a couple of summers in our red 71, we have enjoyed having all the OG Westy interior....however....I would doubt its worth making the sink work, since its a pain and if you are on a campsite you have dish washing facilities anyhow......similarly the "fridge" is no better than a portable cool box....unless you can hook it up to leccy and make it a proper fridge.....if there is a "cooker" its yet more space taken out of possible sleeping space.......we pitch a tent and use it as a kitchen with portable stove etc........this leaves loads of sleeping room in the bus......in Frank almost the entire ground space is devoted to sleeping.......there are loads of possibilities which make camping interesting.......you could do the whole thing the other way around and cook in the bus, sleep in the tent....etc....
Back to top Go down
vanbloke

vanbloke

PostSubject: Hello..   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03 2008, 10:06

This to Egotrippin,nice write up in Camper and Bus Magazine in just got today, looks awesome,beginning to wonder why i got rid of my 68 bay dormie,loved it, just needed some serious lowering but,anyway love everything about it dude, do you have anymore plans for it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03 2008, 11:54

cheers dude Very Happy

well stoked with the feature. aesthetically i dont think i can make it look any better, so its a case of bigger engine and better brakes from now on i reckon. will take a couple of years - its going to evolve over time Smile
Back to top Go down
vanbloke

vanbloke

PostSubject: cool.   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03 2008, 12:22

will you be going to the Stamford show and vanfest,would love to check it out,these are the only shows really we are going to as ive knackered my tendon in my knee,cant really do a lot,so got to be a bit selective,i think the birchwood headliner looks fab,thats on my list to do,how did you get on with it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jay Jay

Jay Jay

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03 2008, 16:24

i'm hoping to have my bus rolling for stamford car show. need to speak to tim when he returns from spa.
Back to top Go down
vanbloke

vanbloke

PostSubject: hey..   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04 2008, 03:40

hello jay, love the colour combination of your van, subtle but awsome,cool looking forward to seeing yours Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jay Jay

Jay Jay

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04 2008, 10:28

have you seen it at tim's or on here buddy? not long now. to say i'm excited is an understatement. :cheers:
Back to top Go down
vanbloke

vanbloke

PostSubject: hey..   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04 2008, 11:03

no just on here, weve had ours for 7 years, and only nearly just getting in ok,imported it oursellves from NewZealand, im like you just cant wait to drive it, weve had bays but just gonna be so chillin to ride it with the safaris open..cruisin Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07 2008, 06:20

Quote :
will you be going to the Stamford show and vanfest,would love to check it out,these are the only shows really we are going to as ive knackered my tendon in my knee,cant really do a lot,so got to be a bit selective,i think the birchwood headliner looks fab,thats on my list to do,how did you get on with it?

I'll be at Vanfest for sure. Birch headlining wasnt too difficult - would've been easier with an extra pair of hands! Getting the sizes right with no templates is the hardest bit though.
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07 2008, 08:45

What kind of engine are you thinking of Ego ?
Back to top Go down
Egotrippin'

Egotrippin'

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07 2008, 11:57

Not sure yet. It will be a while off yet though Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another roadhouse production...   another roadhouse production... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

another roadhouse production...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next