Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Speedmasters on a Squareback ?

Go down 
+2
Craigs65
Grazy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Empty
PostSubject: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeSat May 03 2008, 00:30

Hi all

First posting so go easy ! I'm thinking of taking my Speedmasters off my kab, and putting them on an early Squareback. Would the offset work (they're +21)
I'm not sure if its been done as I cant find a pic anywhere of SM's on Variants - but I guess that might be 'cos it wont work !!!

Tony

On the kab' :

Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Kabrio_Front34
Back to top Go down
Grazy

Grazy

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeSat May 03 2008, 05:20

Hi Tonser sweet bug mate , and welcome .

The only problem I can see is the fact rims are 5 stud and square is a 4 stud , so would need adaptors i think , this may then kipper the good offset the Speedmaster wheel has ? Tim will know Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeSun May 04 2008, 10:18

Hi Grazy, thanks for the reply and welcome.

The Square' is a South African 66, so is on wide 5 drums all round - no adapters needed. I'm hoping the offset will be OK ?

Cheers

Tony
Back to top Go down
Grazy

Grazy

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeSun May 04 2008, 11:16

well i say get em on ther dude A square on those rims would look the dogz
Back to top Go down
Craigs65

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeSun May 04 2008, 13:55

It can be done
Speedmasters on a Squareback ? IMG_1410

Altough I now nothing about the setup. Goodluck man Im sure It would look sweet. Cool
Back to top Go down
super-craig

super-craig

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeMon May 05 2008, 07:05

great looking square back Cool
Back to top Go down
Tim
Admin
Tim

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeTue May 06 2008, 03:49

is the front beam standard width?

i'd have thought they'd go on, is there much stopping you just trying them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.RoadHouseretro.com

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeTue May 06 2008, 05:33

Hi Tim

Yep the beam is standard. I havent bought the Square yet so I cant try them ! Just sounding out the options before I take the plunge.

The South African 66 didnt work out, but theres a UK 66 which I'll go for. Its on 4 stud drums at the mo, so I'll fit a CSP wide5 disc kit to the front, nd fit early T3 drums to the rear.

Hopefully the offset will work out !

Tony
Back to top Go down
KingfastT

KingfastT

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeTue May 06 2008, 13:31

I dont know if they are the same off set but my repop 5.5 gasburners wouldnt fit the square, (no arch clearance) but there is always a way of making things fit. Nice Cab by the way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeWed May 07 2008, 01:08

Hi Kingfast

Which stud pattern were your Burners ? According to the SSP site, the offsets are ET35 for the Porsche 5 stud, and ET 22 for the 4 stud rim.

Hopefully yours were the 5 stud ! I have to convert the fronts to CSP discs, and the rears to earlier hubs which is going to be quite pricey - especially if the rims then dont fit !

Cheers

Tony

They would look good if they do fit !

Speedmasters on a Squareback ? SquareOnSpeed
Back to top Go down
super-craig

super-craig

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeWed May 07 2008, 06:25

if they do fit they will look cool Cool but if you have to modify to get them to fit , you will have a unique vw Cool just wether you consider the costs involved to out weigh the coolness of speed master on your square .
Back to top Go down
KingfastT

KingfastT

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeWed May 07 2008, 09:55

tonser wrote:
Hi Kingfast

Which stud pattern were your Burners ? According to the SSP site, the offsets are ET35 for the Porsche 5 stud, and ET 22 for the 4 stud rim.

Hopefully yours were the 5 stud ! I have to convert the fronts to CSP discs, and the rears to earlier hubs which is going to be quite pricey - especially if the rims then dont fit !

Cheers

Tony

They would look good if they do fit !

Speedmasters on a Squareback ? SquareOnSpeed

My Burners are 4 stud they bolt up but just dont go round as the square is to low. SM's will look so good get em on!!!
Back to top Go down
Rich Selecta

Rich Selecta

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12 2008, 13:25

I consider a set for my square at one point Wink

The one thing you're gonna have to bear in mind is the CSP disk kit will widden the track of the front, but, a friend of mine has just had a CSP kit fitted to his notch and the MWS Radars he's got still fit without any clearance issues Smile

BTW is the offset a US or UK ref as I know they measure it differently to us.

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Rich Selecta

Rich Selecta

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12 2008, 13:28

Oh, and you've got an awesome cab!

The next car I own has got to be a early flat screen cab Cool
Back to top Go down
Rich Selecta

Rich Selecta

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17 2008, 10:41

Looks like its possible:

Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Vw3
Back to top Go down
super-craig

super-craig

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17 2008, 15:49

love notch backs Cool and with the wheels its very nice Cool was a nice one at bus stop over a coffee colour on a b plate Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speedmasters on a Squareback ?   Speedmasters on a Squareback ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speedmasters on a Squareback ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General chat, Shows, meets and gigs...-
Jump to: