Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

anyone there?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay Jay

Jay Jay

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2008, 11:10

seems very quiet when it's a show weekend and you don't go yourself on these forums doesn't it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2008, 11:52

When our buses are finished we'll be able to cruise round Stamford when everyone is away !
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2008, 11:58

Or go to the shows !
Back to top Go down
KingfastT

KingfastT

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2008, 12:45

We just got back only went for last night and today, didn't seem as busy in the camp site as it usually does, but some top quality VW's on display as always.
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2008, 15:10

We stayed in with the heating on and watched TV all day.......might take the red 71 out with bikes and dawg to Burghley Park tomorrow.....
Back to top Go down
KingfastT

KingfastT

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2008, 22:11

Like the new avitar Frank is that the bus you will be coming to Vegas in?
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2008, 01:58

Yep....Frank Pierce......in the sunlight and having been Ankorwaxed he doesn't really look the same bus as in the first pics.......
Back to top Go down
Jay Jay

Jay Jay

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2008, 02:34

is it finished now adrian? i bet the smile on your face driving him with be vast. :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2008, 02:47

Not quite Jay, I'm hoping for next weekend, although if plans work out we'll be in India.........
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 12:41

What's the timing on your bus being finished Jay, it looked amazing a while ago........

Anyone want to look after a 1 year old cocker spaniel for 2 weeks ?
Back to top Go down
Jay Jay

Jay Jay

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 12:46

summer is the deadline cos it's booked in at a music festival in june. fingers crossed eh. :shock:
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 12:54

Fingers and toes crossed buddy...problem is when you are doing a major project all sorts of other unknowns come up, as Im sure you know.....Tim has to work with these unknowns and he and other people doing his kind of work just can't know when they will finish something...I am as guilty as the next person for moaning about the finish date shifting....that's why, partly, mainstream garages just won't touch old cars.....you sort out one thing and find another that needs doing........its pretty much impossible to base an hourly garage rate on this moving target.....modern garages plug the cars in to a pute and that's that.........
Back to top Go down
super-craig

super-craig

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 13:14

and the main dealers know how to charge :shock: just had the tip tronic changer go on my car , the thing packed up as i reversed out the drive and was parked full across the road :o good job the house was full , had to push the thing back on the yard , then get transported to the dealer , estimate cost £800 to replace the changer , few days later on good friday (not for me its wasnt) they call asking me to collect it at 4-45 as they closed at 5-30 and not open till tuesday :shock: oh and its £1288 inclusive :shock:
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 13:29

Never deal with main dealers would be my mantra, unless you got a car still in warranty.....

Problem is finding someone you can trust to work on a bus....as Tim is closing his garage ....er...tomorrow....does anyone know anyone in a diameter of about 50 miles of Stamford who can be trusted with buses....?
Back to top Go down
super-craig

super-craig

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2008, 14:33

i have the same thing about main dealers , but when only they have the diagnostic gear for that tip tronic system in the area you have to sort of give in to em , which i hate doing , when i was looking for the car , i went to the main dealer and could not do the deal i wanted i went to motorpoint derby and saved £3500 on the price for a better spec car because it was an import model , got aircon and a colour only available on the next model up , the sales richard edward said dont bring back here for warranty :shock: well when i collected it the stereo was not working , so it was booked into the main dealer on the monday under warranty Laughing anyway i went and looked for the sales richard edward and pointed out what he said and told him my import was in for warranty Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing and i then mentioned the saving Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Frank Pierce

Frank Pierce

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03 2008, 10:31

The tip tronic would be a porker presumably ?
Back to top Go down
super-craig

super-craig

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03 2008, 14:36

Not a porker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

anyone there? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone there?   anyone there? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone there?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General chat, Shows, meets and gigs...-
Jump to: